Due to an increasing growth of our software development team, we are currently looking for a self-standing and experienced Scientific programmer. Join our international development team consisting of more than 35 software engineers and develop applications using innovative techniques.
About the job
Our software development team has an open culture. We prefer to work agile (scrum) and in close cooperation with our colleagues from other disciplines such as our analytical consultants and client facing colleagues.
You will join our scientific programmers to take responsibility for the development of the business logic of our applications. You understand complex software requirements and you are able to design an appropriate architecture and algorithms. You develop code and you develop (unit) tests to make sure that we deliver quality. You are a self-motivated, creative thinker but you are flexible and easy to work with.
The development team is part of a bigger product group that consists of product specialists, data scientists, and ETL specialists. The group team consists of about 50 people from over 20 nationalities, most of us located in Rotterdam. Together, we will be working closely on a number of challenging projects, all contributing to the launch our product across the globe.
Your work focuses on the Nielsen Media Impact (NMI) product that is our software platform used to plan cross-media campaigns using channels as TV, online (video), radio, print and outdoor media. The underlying data is a combination of continuous panel data and census data (big data). By using these extremely granular datasets, and combining them in a smart way, the NMI tool is a unique software solution in the world of cross over media planning.
- Master degree in computer science, software engineering or similar;
- Education or work experience in developing mathematical algorithms;
- At least four years of experience in software development (.NET, C#) in a professional environment or a relevant PhD;
- Strong analytical background;
- A team mentality and not afraid to speak up;
- Good communicative skills;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Preferably residing in the Netherlands. Otherwise willing to relocate to Rotterdam or to visit our Rotterdam office frequently.
It is an advantage if you have experience with service oriented architectures and knowledge of design patterns.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Exciting projects and clients
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Time for socialising and fun
- 25 days of paid leave
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses
- Daily fruit snacks
If this vacancy appeals to you, and you would like to know more about our challenging opportunities, please contact us through email@example.com. We would like to find out your real motivation for choosing this job, so please include a CV and a motivation letter, explaining ‘why do you want to work at Pointlogic’.
The recruitment process typically includes a (face-to-face) interview, an assessment and reference checks.