About the job
Client requirements and increasing data size have prompted our international development team to look for Apache Spark as platform for lightning fast distributed computing. The first version of our product that uses Spark is recently released and clients are already asking us to extend the platform. Time for you to join our Scala team to design and implement a flexible architecture and efficient algorithms to support better marketing decisions!
Our development has high standards with respect of the code and its maintainability. We expect that you are used to writing unit tests and are comfortable with a culture of peer reviewing. You are a self-motivated, creative thinker, you are flexible and enjoy working in teams.
Pointlogic accommodates employees that wish to develop their capabilities in relevant areas by means of supporting studies and facilitating R&D projects.
- Master or bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or applied mathematics;
- Experience with functional programming;
- Experience with Scala or Java;
- Strong analytical background;
- A team mentality;
- Good communicative skills;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Ability to work from our Rotterdam office or to visit us frequently.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
If this vacancy appeals to you, and you would like to know more about our challenging opportunities, please contact us through email@example.com. We would like to find out your real motivation for choosing this job, so please include a CV and a motivation letter, explaining ‘why do you want to work at Pointlogic’.
The recruitment process typically includes a (face-to-face) interview, an assessment and reference checks.
Read the story of Aleksandar, Scala Developer at Pointlogic.