Passionate about data analytics, machine learning and handling big data? Join our Data science team!
About the job
You will be part of the team that is responsible for integrating the use of large data sets into our software to support cross media planning. This requires us to use machine learning, simulation and optimization algorithms. Your direct colleagues are people from various disciplines, such as computer science, econometrics and mathematics. The data science team is part of a bigger product group that consists of product specialists, a software development team and ETL specialists. The group team consists of about 50 people from over 20 nationalities, most of us located in Rotterdam. Together, we will be working closely on a number of challenging projects, all contributing to the launch our product across the globe.
- Work with product specialists to understand and specify requirements;
- Conduct exploratory data analysis, and develop and validate machine learning models;
- Develop production level code and work with the development team to include your work in the production process;
- Work with client services and subject matter experts to explain our work to clients.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on machine learning / data mining, or a Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics and strong programming skills;
- 0-5 years of experience;
- Creative mind-set;
- Experience with machine learning tools in Python and / or R;
- Ability to work with big data technologies such as Hive and Spark;
- Affinity with media and marketing;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Residing in The Netherlands.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Exciting projects and clients
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Time for socialising and fun
- 25 days of paid leave
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses
- Daily fruit snacks
If this vacancy appeals to you, and you would like to know more about our challenging opportunities, please contact us through email@example.com. We would like to find out your real motivation for choosing this job, so please include a CV and a motivation letter, explaining ‘why do you want to work at Pointlogic’.
The recruitment process typically includes a (face-to-face) interview, an assessment and reference checks.