Join our data dressage team!
About the job
Our data / ETL team is responsible for the development of daily ETL processes in which large amounts of behavioural data from consumer panels are imported in our data warehouse. The data is used by our software to provide insight into consumer behaviour. The ETL processes need to evolve in order to deal with the increase in the size and complexity of the data and to cope with higher requirements with respect to data quality and throughput time.
Our data team is pragmatic and keen to apply the best tool for the job. We have recently started to experiment with distributed systems such Hadoop / Hive in addition to SQL Server. The team has an open culture, works in an agile style and in close cooperation with software developers and colleagues from other disciplines such as our analytical consultants and client facing colleagues.
We are looking for self-motivated, creative thinkers, people that are flexible and enjoy working in teams. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself in areas like Big Data, data modelling and database architecture.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related study;
- Advanced knowledge of Python;
- Knowledge of and experience with data modelling ;
- Knowledge of data warehouse architecture;
- Demonstrable interest in Hadoop and Hive;
- Experience with SQL server;
- Experience in creating stored procedures, triggers, performance issues etc.;
- Flexible, proactive and pragmatic attitude and you are a team player;
- Preferably residing in the Netherlands. Otherwise willing to relocate to Rotterdam or to visit our Rotterdam office frequently.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socialising and fun;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
If this vacancy appeals to you, and you would like to know more about our challenging opportunities, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to find out your real motivation for choosing this job, so please include a CV and a motivation letter, explaining ‘why do you want to work at Pointlogic’.
The recruitment process typically includes a (face-to-face) interview, an assessment and reference checks.